Saturday, 21 April 2012

Behind bars

  To ease the pain of not being able to do all that we had hoped to the backyard, we've moved our attention to the front yard. Though still daunting, it is slightly less so. We mentioned in previous posts that we have our eyes set on some new siding for the front this spring and ideally some new windows, funds permitting. But first, one major eyesore had to go. 



There had been great debate around here whether or not this should go. I have always been of the YES opinion. It serves no structural purpose, there is no clematis or other lovely vine variety plant growing on it and it makes looking out the kitchen window feel like looking out of a prison cell.  


It also makes our already dated house look even older somehow, sort of like when women wear t-shirts declaring that their grandmothers. Instant ager. 


So, we took our jigsaw to it.  


And down it came! We cut it in half again so that we would be able to carry it away.



We used hammers to pry out the remaining nubs.



ah, much better. 
It took us all of 15 minutes to cut this bad boy down, and I am really glad that we did. I like that I can see clearly out of the kitchen window now. There is still the issue of the remaining red mulch beds, but that's a project for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing what you think!